As a strong Austrian core shareholder and representative of the federal government, ÖBIB plays a key role in strengthening Austria’s position as a center of business.
- Strong shareholder: ÖBIB’s three listed holdings make up approx. 20% of the market capitalisation of the ATX.
- High portfolio value: Austrian taxpayers hold interests in companies valued at approx. EUR 7.8 billion through ÖBIB.
- High performance: Between 2003 and 2017, ÖBIB paid the federal government dividends totalling EUR 3.0 billion.
- Important employer: The companies in which ÖBIB holds an interest provide some 35,500 jobs in Austria, while their suppliers provide approx. an additional 75,000 jobs.
- Strong client: 97% of contracts awarded by OMV, Telekom Austria, and Österreichische Post go to small and medium-sized enterprises. ÖBIB’s shareholdings purchase products and services from 15,000 small and medium-sized enterprises.